The Sisters of Charity of New York seek a Receptionist/Recreation Coordinator at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, a 60-room retirement home in Bronx, NY. The Convent provides assisted living services to retired Sisters of the congregation.
General Duties: The Receptionist is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate person, mail distribution and ensure proper flow of correspondence. The Receptionist will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. As Recreation Coordinator, you will provide high quality recreation services to the Sisters residing and recuperating at Mount Saint Vincent Convent. The Coordinator will attend to the needs of Sisters with all levels of cognition and will do so with respect, compassion and kindness to enhance the quality of life for the Sisters.
- Respond to external and internal telephone calls promptly and courteously.
- Greet visitors cordially and facilitate the purpose of their visit.
- Notify persons or departments of mail, notes and deliveries.
- Maintain Visitor Log, assign tags for service personnel and notify appropriate person when visitors arrive.
- Provide callers with information such as address, directions, fax numbers, website, and other related information.
- Maintain up to date Phone Extension List and distribute and/or replace out of date lists in all locations within convent.
- Prepare correspondence and other documents as requested, including but not limited to MSVC Handbook and Weekend Coverage Handbook.
- Oversee and ensure adequate inventory of Sister’s gift shop.
- Plan, set up, conduct, and clean up group recreation programs including but not limited to, arts, crafts, music, exercise, parties, and games.
- Maintain a safe environment for Sisters and staff during recreation activities.
- Maintain group attendance records.
- Keep records of supplies and orders new supplies as approved by supervisor.
- Assist in planning and attend program outings, when necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrate commitment and understanding of the Mission, history, and values of the Sisters of Charity.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills with capabilities in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to explain activity goals to Sisters with a variety of cognitive function and modify activity, if necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi task.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least two years’ experience in related field.
- Experience working with the geriatric population.
Please send requests for further information and/or resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com