The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking a Receptionist for Le Gras Hall, 6301 Riverdale Avenue, Bronx, NY.
The Receptionist is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate person, mail distribution, and ensuring proper flow of correspondence. The Receptionist will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
- Respond to external and internal telephone calls promptly and courteously.
- Greet visitors cordially and facilitate the purpose of their visit.
- Notify persons or departments of mail, notes and deliveries.
- Maintain the log book for service personnel; notify the appropriate person when service personnel arrive.
- Maintain calendar of available meeting space.
- Provides callers with information such as address, directions, fax numbers, website, and other related information.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services.
- Prepare correspondence and other documents as requested.
- Maintain a professional work environment.
- Work as part of the administrative team to ensure that all office functions are executed accurately and in a timely manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to and understanding of the Mission, history and values of the Sisters of Charity.
- Friendly disposition that is service oriented.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least 2 years’ experience in administrative services required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills with capabilities in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
Please send resumes by email only to email@example.com
December 4, 2019