Under the supervision of the Director of External Communications, the Communications Associate will assist the Director with planning, organizing, and executing Communications office programs. The Associate must possess strong writing skills to compose and/or edit articles from interviews or events for Vision as well as Sisters of Charity website.
- Create press releases for external media.
- Post news and update information on website using WordPress.
- Create content for and update social media accounts.
- Work on the layout and design of Vision using InDesign.
- Manipulate photos and art using Photoshop.
- Create cards, flyers, signs, invitations, newspaper and journal ads for print.
- Photograph meetings and events as requested.
- Import photos into Lightroom and maintain photography catalog.
- Scan images when requested.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment and understanding of the Mission, history and values of the Sisters of Charity.
- Appropriate Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1 years’ experience in marketing/communications required.
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress, Acrobat, iMovie or Premiere Essentials, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skills in Adobe Illustrator and HTML a plus.
- Must be able to work on Macintosh computer platform.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org