The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant for Sponsorship Services. Under the supervision of the Director of Sponsorship Services, the Assistant provides secretarial, organizational and administrative support for leadership engagement program development and maintains communication between the Sponsorship Office and the Executive teams and Boards of sponsored ministries. Prepare correspondence and other documents as requested.
- Maintain data base with contact information for ease of communication with Sponsorship Advisory Council, Trustees and Executives of organizations in the Sisters of Charity Ministry Network and those organizations sponsored by Sisters of Charity of New York.
- In collaboration with Director, create online library of related sources and post links for ministry leaders to have easy access to readings and short videos related to Catholic social tradition and sponsorship of Catholic organizations.
- Manage calendar, schedule and organize meetings of Director of Sponsorship including travel arrangements as needed.
- Record minutes of Sponsorship Advisory Council, Sisters of Charity Ministry Network Board, Elizabeth Seton Women’s Center (soon to become Seton Ministries) Board meetings and prepare documents for review by attendees.
- Prepare annual calendar of trustee events that will create a pattern of programs going forward over three years.
- Demonstrate competence in arranging for location(s) of sessions, registration materials and providing access to a/v equipment needed by those presenting a program.
- In conjunction with Director, assist and monitor annual budget for SC Ministry Network and office of Sponsorship Services of Sisters of Charity.
- Prepare correspondence and other documents as requested by Director.
- Assist with preparation of materials and arrangements for meetings.
- Arrange for food at meetings when requested.
- Maintain registration and attendance lists for meetings and events of Sponsorship Director and coordinate preparation and distribution of materials for these meetings and events.
- Maintain up-to-date journal subscriptions for Director of Sponsorship.
- Manage postal and email lists, organize and maintain office files.
- Establish and maintain cordial interactions with colleagues in sponsored ministries, visitors and callers, and staff of other departments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to and understanding of the Mission, history and values of the Sisters of Charity.
- Appropriate degree or related education and a minimum of five years’ experience in administrative services required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to post videos and readings with links to access these materials
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Use time efficiently; organize work effectively and systematically and establish routines where appropriate.
- Proficient computer skills with capabilities in Microsoft Office products, especially Power Point.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org