The Sisters of Charity of New York seek a Housekeeper/Dietary Assistant at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, a 60-room retirement home in Bronx, NY. The Convent provides assisted living services to retired sisters of the Congregation.
General Duties: The employee is required to maintain the overall appearance of the Convent. As well, ensure the kitchen, kitchen equipment and dining room are clean and safe. Employee must provide high-quality service in a cheerful, timely manner by appropriately communicating with residents and staff.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as outlined in daily, weekly and/or annual cleaning schedule, such as, but not limited to, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, and dusting furnishings and fixtures in all assigned areas, including but not limited to, sister’s rooms and common areas.
- Responsible for removal of all trash daily from entire convent.
- Move and/or rearrange furniture, as needed throughout Convent and in preparation of various activities or meetings.
- Perform emergency housekeeping duties, when necessary or accidents occur.
- Report supply, and equipment needs to Supervisor for replenishing.
- Maintain equipment used in performing duties properly and keep equipment, and area cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Responsible for pick up, drop off and distribution of mail from college mailroom.
- Greet sisters as they enter the dining room and serve meals in an enjoyable and respectful manner.
- Ensure standard food items are sufficiently stocked in dining room.
- Assumes complete responsibility for the cleanliness of dishware.
- Clean food preparation, production areas, kitchen and dining room daily.
- Clear tableware as needed.
- Assist with unloading and storing food delivery.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity and to the elderly.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions and to communicate effectively and fluently in English in both written and oral form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- High School Diploma or GED required, and a minimum of two years related work experience required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org