The Sisters of Charity of New York seek a full-time Certified Nursing Assistant to work at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, a 60-room retirement home in Bronx, New York, from 11 pm to 7 am. The Convent provides assisted living services to retired Sisters of the Congregation.
- Assist Sisters with daily hygiene and personal care needs, including but not limited to bathing, oral, skin, hair and nail care and dressing.
- Obtain and record Sisters’ vital signs, temperature and weight and report anything unusual to Director of Nursing.
- Notify Director of Nursing of any observable change in Sisters’ condition.
- Assist Sisters with ambulation and other exercise depending on capability of resident.
- Respond to call bells promptly.
- Plate and deliver meals to Sisters, when needed.
- Interact with Sisters who are at various levels of cognition, with respect, compassion and kindness to enhance quality of life for the Sisters.
- Accompany Sisters to doctor appointments and/or emergency room, when requested.
- Maintain a clean, orderly environment; change linen, make beds, straighten rooms, put away laundry.
- Contribute to and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, respect and a calm environment throughout the convent.
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with safety procedures and infection control procedures.
- Attends and participates in required meetings and/or in-service training.
- Maintains harmonious relationship with unit and co-workers, providing support and assistance to co-workers to ensure quality resident care.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity and to the elderly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate in current and good standing with the NYS Registry.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safer performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to work a rotating work schedule that may include weekends.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 13, 2019