The Sisters of Charity of New York are seeking a Community Coordinator to assist up to twelve retired sisters who reside within an established retirement home in Bronx, N.Y.
The Coordinator assists in animating the spirit and life of the community and attends to the holistic needs of the individual sisters residing in this retirement setting. The Coordinator fosters an atmosphere that provides each sister with maximum opportunities for self-direction, spiritual growth and community. The Coordinator also acts as a liaison between the Sisters of Charity and Elizabeth’s Place.
- Communicate effectively with the sisters and learn and understand the needs of each individual, including but not limited to spiritual, pastoral, financial and social needs.
- Assist sisters with financial needs; oversee the sister’s personal accounts as appropriate.
- Communicate concerns or issues to the appropriate parties, i.e. Administrator of facility, Director of Health Services.
- Assist sisters with actual move and transitioning to life in their new residence.
- Provide activities that bring sisters together and strengthen community bonds.
- Help sisters integrate with other residents as they are comfortable.
- Assist sisters with scheduling doctors’ appointments and accompany them to doctor’s visit or emergency room, if necessary.
- Assist with care of personal belongings, personal appearance and shopping when necessary.
- Inform the Director of Health Services of any medical emergency and under her direction contact sister’s family.
- Keep written record on each sister as appropriate.
- Attend monthly team and staff meetings and scheduled Care Plan meetings as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity and to working with the elderly.
- Experience working with individuals with memory impairments, mental health issues and/or physical conditions related to the aging process.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Appropriate level of education and/or combined work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license, car and ability to safely transport sisters.
- Successfully pass annual SC Driving Test.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends.
Please send resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org