The Sisters of Charity of New York seek an Assistant Administrator at Mount Saint Vincent Convent, a 60-room retirement home in Bronx, NY. The Convent provides assisted living services to retired sisters of the congregation.
General Duties: The Assistant Administrator is responsible for assisting in the day to day operation of the Convent and for the implementation and evaluation of established policies. The Assistant Administrator will assume the role of Administrator in the Administrator’s absence. The Assistant Administrator will accept any major areas of responsibility as delegated by the Administrator of the Convent.
- Works with the Administrator in enabling the residents to continue their life of prayer and spiritual development.
- Holds regular staff meetings and assists in orientation, training and supervision of all employees; completes interim and annual employee evaluations.
- Prepares staffing schedules to ensure that an adequate number of personnel is on duty at all times to meet the needs of residents; maintains accurate employee payroll records.
- Supervise and assess all staff at convent.
- Investigates and seeks ways of solving problems pertaining to staff relations, assisting employees to arrive at amicable agreements while confronting sensitive issues with a confident, unbiased and relaxed manner.
- Maintains familiarity with the Sisters of Charity Employee Handbook to ensure that its policies, procedures and guidelines are carried out justly for each employee and ensure that disciplinary action is administered fairly.
- Create daily transportation schedule, communicates schedule to Driver and sisters. If Driver is unavailable, coordinate volunteer driving schedule to transport sisters.
- Oversees registration, inspection and maintenance and repair of cars.
- Maintains adequate housekeeping supplies by analyzing usage and controlling inventory while working within housekeeping budget.
- Oversees cleanliness and attractiveness of Convent and occasionally shops for household or specialty items.
- Must be familiar with the maintenance needs of the Convent as well as the companies that provide services if emergency situation occurs or Facilities Manager is not available.
- Acts as a resource for Sisters to solve minor computer, printer and internet problems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity of New York and staying apprised of issues in the field of gerontology.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, and 5 years related work experience.
- Demonstrated compassion, flexibility, communication and ability to relate to a broad spectrum of personalities.
- Excellent in communication, organization, interpersonal and planning skills and ability to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to work a rotating work schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- Must have working knowledge of a Microsoft Office Suite.
Please send requests for further information and/or resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her by phone at 718-549-8156.