Sisters of Charity Federation
The Sisters of Charity Federation represents approximately 4,000 vowed members and 700 lay associates/affiliates from women religious congregations throughout North America. These member congregations trace their roots to Elizabeth Ann Seton or follow the rule of Saints Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac.
- To support the commitment of its members to the mission of charity expressed through diversity of their specific congregational charisms.
- To facilitate collaboration in projects related to ministry and other areas of common concern.
- To foster study and reflection on the charism and tradition of charity.
Members & Staff
Our congregation – the Sisters of Charity of New York (SCNY) – and the 12 others listed here, form the Sisters of Charity Federation. Sr. Julie Cutter, DC (WC), assumed the office of Executive Director of the Sisters of Charity Federation in October 2011. She succeeded Sr. Mary Ann Daly, SC, who was the first Executive Director of the Sisters of Charity Federation in its 60 year history. Sr. Mary Ann assumed this position June 1, 2007 and served until her election to her congregation’s Council in May 2011. The Executive Director of the Sisters of Charity Federation serves as liaison to various organizations and committees in the Charity Family for the Federation. She also assists the Executive Committee of the Federation in fulfilling the tasks assigned by the members at the annual meeting. The Executive Director represents and speaks on behalf of the Federation, directs its ongoing administration, and supervises staff.
- Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul
Five Provinces in the U.S.
- Les Religieuses de Notre-Dame-du-Sacre-Coeur
Dieppe, New Brunswick
- Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati Cincinnati, Ohio
- Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul – Halifax
Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Sisters of Charity of the Immaculate Conception
Saint John, New Brunswick
- Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth
- Sisters of Charity of Nazareth
- Sisters of Charity of Our Lady of Mercy
Charleston, South Carolina
- Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth
Convent Station, New Jersey
- Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill
- Vincentian Sisters of Charity
- Sisters of St. Martha
Antigonish, Nova Scotia