The story of the Sisters of Charity in New York began in 1817. It is a story of thousands of lives serving God’s poor, a story of tough love and high standards, a story of caring and compassion, a story of inventiveness to infinity. It is a story of needs met, difficulties faced, challenges overcome, societies changed — with few resources but boundless energy, dedicated colleagues, and trust in God’s Providence. It is a story impelled by the Charity of Christ — and that marvelous mission continues today. This year we celebrate the beginning of that mission. We hope you enjoy the photos from these events.
- Why Rejoin the Community for Sunday Eucharist?
- Sisters of Charity Sign Interfaith Statement on the 75th Anniversary of the Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- PJIC Office Shares Declaration of Responsibility in the Struggle for Racial Justice
- The Pandemic in Guatemala
- SC Archives: Sisters Stand Up to Be Counted for the 1980 Census
- SC Ministries Continue to Serve those in Need
- Sisters Hill Farm: Hope Amidst the Pandemic
- COVID-19 & Casa de Esperanza