Ministry Formation is a personal and group process rooted in Catholic values and tradition demonstrated in the lives and ministries of the Sisters of Charity of New York.
The process of ministry formation aims to:
- engage and inspire women and men in their ongoing growth as persons and as leaders;
- integrate, articulate and implement the rich tradition of Catholic ministry;
- strengthen and transform individuals, organizations, communities and the people they serve;
- ground leaders and organizations in the foundational values which enable ministries to flourish in the present and for the future.
E-Learning Module 1:
Introduction to Ministry Formation
This module covers the core content areas of:
- Heritage, tradition and sponsorship
- Mission and Values
- Call and response to ministry
Time: 15 minutes
E-Learning Module 2:
Catholic Social Justice Parts 1 & 2
Basics of Catholic tradition relating to the concern for the most marginalized members of society. Based on our belief in the dignity of each person, topics include:
- Common Good
- Dignity of the Human Person
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Dignity of Work and Rights of Workers
- Option for those Living in Poverty
- Stewardship of Our Resources
Part 1 = 12:56 minutes
Part 2 = 12:27 minutes.
Click on title to download document.