The Sisters of Charity of New York seek a Maintenance and Repair Technician at Mount Saint Vincent Convent.
- Perform minor and/or major repair or general maintenance work of building, grounds, and equipment including but not limited to heating and boiler maintenance, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, plaster and painting tasks.
- Respond to a variety of service requests and work orders from residents and staff members and maintain accurate repair logs.
- Service kitchen, laundry, small kitchen and housekeeping appliances and equipment in all departments as needed, while reporting mechanical malfunctions to supervisor.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Practice preventative maintenance measures by conducting frequent inspections of the interior and exterior of facility.
- Oversee outside vendors and technicians that provide repairs and maintenance to the building.
- Keep appropriate service and repair records, research, purchase and inventory equipment parts and maintenance supplies.
- Identify and correct projects that require priority service that disrupt the daily function of the Convent and its residents.
- Work with Housekeeping Department for semi-annual general cleaning.
- Set up and break down liturgical decorations in Assembly Room as needed.
- Snow removal of building walkways, if conditions require and ensure done in a timely and acceptable manor.
- Available to respond in a timely manner to emergency calls and requests after regular work hours.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
- Follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Skilled to effectively use a variety of power lawn equipment and hand power tools.
- High School Diploma or GED required and related work experience required.
- A valid driver’s license.
Please send requests for further information and/or resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources, 6301 Riverdale Avenue Bronx, NY 10471; firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone at 718-549-8156.
May 8, 2017