We welcome inquiries from women who:
- Feel called to follow Christ as a vowed woman
- Yearn for a deep spiritual life in the active form of religious life
- Desire to live in community
- Find joy in a life of creative service
- Are willing to take risks for the sake of God’s kingdom and create the new face of Charity in the 21st century
- Are Roman Catholic, in generally good health and are between the ages of 25 and older.
Sr. Maria serves as Director of
Pastoral Care at the Elizabeth Seton
Living Lives of Love...
Viviendo Vidas de Amor ...
Communal and personal centered in Eucharist
celebrations ~ direction setting
hospitality ~ meals, ministries
prayer ~ sharing joys, sorrows
Continuing our tradition of service to people who are poor – in the spirit of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Louise de Marillac and our Foundress, St. Elizabeth Seton – our ministries respond to the signs of our times in:
Peace and Justice
Stages of Belonging
Women who desire to become a Sister of Charity enter a period of Discernment and are accompanied in their early years of vowed life in a program of Formation leading to perpetual vows. All vowed religious continue to grow in spirituality as part of membership in the congregation.
Initial Formation unfolds through:
Regular contact with the Vocation Director in order to become familiar with the Congregation, its charism, history, ministry, as well as the life of St. Elizabeth Seton.
Living with sisters and learning about religious life while involved in ministry (1-2yrs).
Period of direct preparation for profession of vows involves deepening prayer and study, living in House of Formation and some volunteer service (2yrs).
- Temporary Profession
Ongoing integration of vowed life, prayer, community and ministry (3-6yrs).
We Invite You to:
- Open our new brochure on vocations »
- Click here to fill out a form to inquire about our life »
- Visit us at our Congregation Center at Mount Saint Vincent, Bronx, NY
- Call us at 718.543.4898 or click to email: firstname.lastname@example.org