The Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of New York is seeking a Per Diem Housekeeper to work at its sponsored ministry, Life Experience and Faith Sharing Associates (LEFSA) for up to 8 hours per week. The Housekeeper is required to maintain the appearance of the LEFSA office space. Work is executed within established procedures and processes under both verbal and written instructions.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as outlined in daily, weekly and/or monthly cleaning schedule, such as, but not limited to, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, and dusting furnishings and fixtures
- Clean bathrooms in assigned areas and disinfects all fixtures and floors as directed. Wash mirrors and replenishes bathroom supplies as needed
- Responsible for removal of all trash from assigned areas
- Perform emergency housekeeping duties, when necessary or accidents occur
- Reports supply and equipment needs to Housing Coordinator for replenishing
- Maintain equipment used in performing duties properly and keep carts, equipment, and area cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission of the Life Experience and Faith Sharing Associates and the history and values of the Sisters of Charity.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions and to communicate effectively and fluently in English in both written and oral form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
Please send requests for further information and/or resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources, 6301 Riverdale Avenue Bronx, NY 10471; firstname.lastname@example.org